Personal Information Collection Statement
Prince Retail Group of Companies (“the Company”) values and is committed to the protection of your personal information (“Personal Data”).
Personal data refers to all types of personal information, sensitive personal information and privileged information. Personal information refers to “any information, whether recorded in a material from or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly be used by an entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual”.
Purpose for Collection, Storage, Access, Sharing, Processing, Retention and Disposal of Personal Data
We collect data for our Loyalty Program in order to give exclusive offers and rewards to loyal customers. Prince royalty membership is open to all customers who wish to earn royalty points which they can use to purchase in all Prince Hypermart branches nationwide. Aside from reward points, our members get exclusive promos and invites to events such as Royalty conventions and gatherings. Prince Royalty membership can be upgraded to Gold and Platinum membership once purchase threshold is reached. We also use your personal data for the following:
- To check your accumulated points in your loyalty card
- To update your account information
- To generate statistical insights using our Prince retail insight analytics
- To conduct research and analysis (through surveys or polls) in order to improve customer experience/satisfaction
- To respond to specific complaints, inquiries, requests or to provide requested information
- To provide customer care activities, monitor our quality and security, and provide services timely and efficiently
- To notify and update you (through call, text or email about our complimentary, commercial and promotional advertisements, loyalty and rewards offers, exclusive invites discounts, surveys, and other direct marketing that we deemed relevant and beneficial to you based on your preference and interest initially provided to us or made aware of, with which you can opt-out anytime should you prefer not to receive these notifications)
- To participate in our career programs in the company’s growing family by sending your personal information and uploading your resume or credentials in our website
- If successfully hired, your personal and sensitive information will be registered to our company facilities, government entities, group insurance, and affiliates and among others related to your employment requirements
Where and how long do we keep your personal data?
We reserve the right to retain and keep the information we gathered from you in our facilities located in the Philippines while you are a customer or until we no longer need it for business and legal purposes or unless you request your personal data to be deleted in the system or when your personal data may be necessary to resolve disputes or as long as you are still connected to PRG being being our employee or royalty member.
Your personal information will be processed as long as your account is active, and will be retained for a period of 1 year after your account has expired as a royalty member, 1 year after you leave your comments to our website and 1 year after you resigned or leave the company. Disposal of your personal information regardless of media is made in a secure manner that would prevent further processing, and unauthorized access). Once deleted, your personal data will no longer be searchable or included in anonymous searches and will be completely removed from all the storage location.
What type of personal data we collect?
The types of personal data that we will collect from you depends on the particular purpose for which you are submitting an application. The common type of data collected by PRG from you generally includes the following:
- Basic personal information such as full name, nickname, home addresses/billing address/e-mail address, employment information, telephone, other personal contact numbers,
- Sensitive personal information such as date of birth, age, occupation, and gender and,
- Other sensitive personal information and records such as, but not limited to, the following:
b. Educational background
c. Employment record,
d. Family background,
e. Spouse and children’s names,
f. Financial details (e.g., credit card details),
g. Valid identification cards and licenses, and
h. Current salary, basic pay, statutory obligations such as HDMF or Pag-IBIG, SSS, Phil Health and withholding tax, other benefits.
i. CCTV footage installed in our store for surveillance purposes only.
j. Questions, comments, concerns or complaints.
Please note that you are responsible for ensuring that all personal data you submit through our marketing flyers and website www.princeretail.com is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Should you choose not to provide and agree on the above personal information, PRG may not be able to accommodate your request or offer its services.
Who will we share your data with?
We are not allowed to share your data to third party except in circumstances as noted below. By giving your consent, you authorize PRG to disclose your personal data to the following:
- Our affiliates, subsidiaries, partner companies, organizations, or agencies including their sub-contractors or prospective business partners that act as our service providers and contractors;
- Law enforcement and government agencies;
PRG will never collect personal data from children or minor (below 18 years old).
Our Commitment to Personal Information Security
- Organizational measures: appointment of Data Protection Officer, access control policy, security awareness training, among others.
- Organizational measures: we restrict access to your personal data only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your personal data with strict confidentiality.
- Technical measures, we keep and protect your personal data using a secured server behind a firewall, deploying encryption on computing devices, anti-virus software and physical security controls.
- Physical measures: security on data centers, card storage, bio-metric devices, RF ID, among others.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign-off when finished using a shared computer.
The Right of the Data Subject
As data subject you have the right to be informed, to object, to access, to rectify, to erasure or blocking, to damages, to data portability and to complain in relation to your personal information under the Data Privacy Act of 2012. If you wish to correct or update your personal information, we may ask some information in order to verify and ensure the identity to avoid unwanted disclosure of personal information. We have included here contact information that can be used to voice clarifications and complaints relative to your personal information. Any complaint should be made in writing, clearly state the material facts, specify your contact information and include supporting evidence.
Our contact details are as follows:
Data Protection Officer
Prince Retail Group of Companies
Tipolo, Mandaue City Cebu Philippines 6014
Email to : DPO@princeretail.com